By David Stockdale, AusCERT
Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion in Queensland’s ICT security sector
On Thursday 18 July AusCERT hosted our very first NAIDOC week event.
AusCERT was pleased to partner with Baidam Solutions, Queensland’s first Indigenous ICT security solutions provider. Baidam Solutions gives back to regional and remote communities through scholarships and funded training, to create employment pathways for Indigenous Australians in the ICT sector.
The topic for the night was Celebrating Diversity and Inclusion in Queensland’s ICT security sector.
The night opened with an official Welcome to Country, traditional dance and smoking ceremony led by Shannon Ruska and his team from Tribal Experiences. We were also lucky to have the team from Dreamworld Corroboree at the event who greeted guests with their didgeridoo performance and interactive ochre face painting welcome station.
Guest speakers included Mark Ella AM and Cody Meakin OAM who both spoke about overcoming diversity barriers and shared some of the hard lessons learnt in the sporting arena and how this relates to building resilience in tomorrow’s technology leaders.
In attendance were Dr Christian Rowan MP, Shadow Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships and Member for Moggill, various representatives from Government and Industry and UQ colleagues.
- Baidam Wins Deal to Provide Vectra AI’s Security Platform to Superloop
- Baidam Co-Founder Awarded AusCERT 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Champion
- Coles and Micro Focus Join Baidam in Commemorating Social Impact Collaboration
- Dvuln and Baidam Solutions partner to offer STEM scholarships at ANU
- Baidam Solutions deploys Tenable at University of Queensland